In my day to day business of selling homes in Phoenix, AZ…I come across many homes with “issues” Some BIG and some small. I have discovered that many things have simple “fixes” that cost the homeowner little to nothing.
When you are getting a home ready to sell…presentation is everything. Make sure your home is clean! Here are some easy ideas for hard to clean items:
- Make your mirrors SHINE! How? Use the old fashioned kind of foamy, white shaving cream. Just apply and wipe off with soft cloth. This also helps keep the mirror fog free.
- In Phoenix, AZ we have HARD WATER. To get rid of lime buildup, make a paste of 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Apply to sink fixtures and rub with a cloth.
- Next time you clean your blinds…use and anti-static spray to keep dust from piling up.
- Dirty ceiling fans? Slip an old pillowcase over each blade of a ceiling fan, then apply mild pressure as you peel it off. The dust will stay in the case.
- Do you have live plants? Clean and shine the leaves of houseplants by wiping them down with the inside of a banana peel.
- Kill bacteria and clean bathrooms by spraying full-strength vinegar around the sink and tub. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Stainless has become very popular..at least here in Phoenix, AZ…but what a PAIN to keep polished. Try this. A staple in most garages, WD-40 works wonders on stainless steel. Just spray and rub with a cloth for a spotless shine.
- Another use for vinegar…weed killer. Just spray full strength in the cracks of sidewalks and driveways.
- Often I will suggest that sellers remove some art work and pictures from their walls…leaving holes in the drywall. You could go to a local home improvement center and purchase spackle filler…OR…you can just use white toothpaste!
As always… if you are looking for a GREAT agent to help with your real estate needs please e-mail me at Adele@GreaterPhoenixHomes.com or give me a call (or text) at 602-504-3898 or 888-897-7821 x 114. Plus, I have a GREAT search tool on my web site that gives you the ability to search the entire MLS…just like agents do. Very COOL! Go to Metro Phoenix Homes For Sale and check it out! YOU can create and save as many searches as you would like…and it is THE SAME SEARCH I DO AS AN AGENT! You will LOVE it!
ATTENTION AGENTS…Is your Real Estate Career or Company taking you where you want to go?
Need MORE business? Need MORE leads? What has your company done for you lately?
Ask Me Why… I joined eXp Realty.