Have you heard about the power of white vinegar? It’s an all-purpose cleaner, brightener, herbicide and more. Straight up or mixed with water, vinegar can replace many pricier products under your sink. Try these tips to see how vinegar can make your life cheaper and easier.
1. Do you have “pit stains” from antiperspirant? Gently rub with vinegar and wipe with a clean cloth before laundering.
2. We have hard water here…but to get rid of the lime build-up make a paste of 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt. Rub on fixture and wipe with soft cloth.
3. Bring your leather handbags and shoes back to life by wiping white vinegar over scuffs. It helps hide the marks and bring out the shine.
4. Are you one of those lucky ones that the mosquitoes LOVE? Well…help put an end to itching by dabbing with a cotton ball soaked with vinegar.
5. DOWN WITH WEEDS! Pour white distilled vinegar on the weeds growing in the cracks of your walkway and driveway. Saturate the plant so the vinegar reaches the roots.
6. Steam away a microwave mess. Fill a small bowl with equal parts hot water and vinegar, and place it in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. As the steam fills the microwave, it loosens the mess, making clean up a breeze.
7. Rinse fruits and vegetables. Add 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar to one pint water. Use the mixture to wash fresh fruits and vegetables, then rinse thoroughly. The solution kills more pesticide residue than plain water.
8. Remove gum. To remove gum from fabric or hair, heat a small bowl of vinegar in the microwave. Pour the warm vinegar over the gum, saturating the area. The gum will dissolve.
9. Is your hair feeling dull and lifeless? Remove hair product buildup by rinsing a tablespoon of vinegar through your hair once a month
10. When your scissor blades get sticky, wipe them down with a cloth dipped in full-strength white vinegar. Unlike soap and water, vinegar won’t ruin the blades or rust the metal.
11. If your kids get crayon marks on the walls or floor, dip a toothbrush in white vinegar and gently scrub. The vinegar helps break down the wax, making for a nontoxic way to clean up after children.
12. Ever have a rusty screw get STUCK? Pour vinegar onto the screw, and it will easily unstick.
These are just some helpful ways to get you started using the “magic’ of vinegar. Who wouldn’t want to save money AND cut down on the number of toxic products used around the home?
As always… if you are looking for a GREAT agent to help with your real estate needs please e-mail me at Adele@GreaterPhoenixHomes.com or give me a call (or text) at 602-504-3898 or 888-897-7821 x 114. Plus, I have a GREAT search tool on my web site that gives you the ability to search the entire MLS…just like agents do. Very COOL! Go to Metro Phoenix Homes and check it out! YOU can create and save as many searches as you would like…and it is THE SAME SEARCH I DO AS AN AGENT! You will LOVE it!
ATTENTION AGENTS…Is your Real Estate Career or Company taking you where you want to go?
Need MORE business? Need MORE leads? What has your company done for you lately?
Ask Me Why… I joined eXp Realty.